Special Measure of Re-entry for Non-Japanese Students


(translation of above site provided by Ministry of Justice)

For Non-Japanese Students who Went Back to Home Countries After the Earthquake

After the disaster on March 11th, many non-Japanese students left Japan in a hurry without getting re-entry permit.

Students who left Japan without re-entry permit usually need to obtain new visa to start new school term in April. Ministry of Justice, in cooperation with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, made the procedure simplified in Japan Embassies and Consulate General offices for such students as a special measure so that they can obtain their visas as early as possible, which would enable them to attend new school term on time.

For further information, contact a visa section of Consular Service Center, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Tel 03-5501-8431) or the nearest Japan Embassy or Consulate General office.