Visa information for survivors of East Japan Earthquake

-Contact your country's Embassy

Please contact your country's Embassy or Consulate General to report about yourself. Your country's government may want to make sure that you are safe. The embassy or Consulate General may help you in many ways.

List of Embassy or Consulate General in Japan

China: Embassy of the People's Republic of China
      TEL 03-3403-3388
Korea: Embassy of the Republic of Korea
      TEL 03-3452-7611/9
       Consulate-General of the Republic of Korea in Sendai
      TEL 022-221-2751/3
Philippines: Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
      TEL 03-5562-1600
            Honorary Consulate of the Republic of the Philippines in Morioka
      TEL 019-625-2131
Brazil: Consulate General of the Federative Republic of Brazil
      TEL 03-5488-5451
Peru: Consulate General of the Republic of Peru
      TEL 03-5793-4444/4445
Viet Nam: Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam
      TEL 03-3466-3311/3313/3314
          Honorary Consulate of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam in Kushiro
      TEL 0154-44-1040
Indonesia: Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
      TEL 03-3441-4201
           Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Indonesia in Sapporo
      TEL 011-207-2100

-When you lost your passport

You can do immigration procedure without your passport in Japan.

Please contact your country's embassy if you want to come back to your country soon without passport. Your country's embassy can issue a travel document for you.

-When you became overstay

Please do not worry about your status of residence (visa status) even if your expiration date is passed while you are involved in earthquake. Immigration will not deport you if you could not do the extension procedure because of your emergency. However, visa extension may not be permitted if your overstay is caused by other reasons.

-Free Visa Consultations

1) Consultation Support Center for Foreign Residence(Tokyo)
(English, Chinese, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Spanish, Bengal)

TEL 03-3202-5535
TEL・FAX 03-5155-4039

2) Sendai Immigration Information Center (in Sendai Immigration Bureau)

TEL 022-298-9014  (9 a.m. -4 p.m.)

3) Sendai Regional Immigration Bureau and Local Offices
9 a.m. -4 p.m.

Sendai Immigration Bureau 022-256-6076(TEL) 022-298-9102(FAX)
1-3-20 Gorin, Miyagino-ku, Sendai City, Miyagi Pref. Post Code: 983-0842
Koriyama Immigration Office 024-936-3231(TEL)  024-936-3229(FAX)
Sakatakou Immigration Office 0234-22-2746(TEL)  0234-22-2824(FAX)
Akita Immigration Office 018-895-5221(TEL)  018-895-5223(FAX)
Aomori Immigration Office 017-777-2939(TEL)   017-777-2963(FAX)
Morioka Immigration Office 019-621-1206(TEL)  019-621-1207(FAX)

4) Immigration Bureau's e-mail address for questions

Please use Japanese language at the present moment. Moreover, the immigration authority will not answer your question in foreign language for some time.

It should be noted that it might take some time to answer your question in some cases. In addition, the immigration authority might not answer some of your question, depending on its characteristics.

The answers to your questions will be disclosed to the general public. In order to protect privacy, the immigration authority will not answer your question if you ask us a question on the current status of individual application procedures at regional immigration bureaus, or question on the current status of individual decisions or deportation processes.

-List of Multilingual information for East Japan Earthquake

Happy New Year!



Thank you for your support to Matsuda Immigration Law Office. I am so excited this year because;

The first Brazilian school in western Japan will be opened in June as a 100 year anniversary of the first Japanese immigrants landed Brazil, and;

A delegation of San Jose, U.S.A. will visit Okayama as an 40 years anniversary of friendship between San Jose and Okayama.

I would like to take a correspondence course of interpreter in Summer to brush up my English.

May your dreams come true this year!

| 1/1PAGES |